The Washington Post's Style Invitational asked readers to take
any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting or
changing one letter, and supply a new definition. Here are some
- Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are
- Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the
purpose of obtaining sex.
- Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
- Tatyr: A lecherous Mr. Potato Head.
- Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit
and the recipient who doesn't get it.
- Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
- Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease.
- Burglesque: A poorly planned break-in. (See: Watergate)
- Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off
all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth
explodes and it's like a serious bummer.
- Glibido: All talk and no action.
- Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem
smarter when they come at you rapidly.
- Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a refund from the
IRS, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
- Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid & a butthole.